The author writes :
- Linux, and more specifically the free “Ubuntu” version, has come a long way in the past few years and is well worth considering for basic computing.
- Amazingly, Ubuntu feels much like Windows.
- The Linux operating system comes with great open-source software, and the icons for them are right there on your desktop where you’d expect to find them.
- It’s amazing to see how quickly you can breathe new life into an old beige-box geezer and save it from the landfill, rather than junk it because it doesn’t have the power to keep up with the latest commercial operating system.
- I highly recommend Ubuntu as the best place to start. It will cost you nothing to try out, and you might just be surprised at how good “free” really is.
Promotion indeed 🙂