The author writes :
- Linux, and more specifically the free “Ubuntu” version, has come a long way in the past few years and is well worth considering for basic computing.
- Amazingly, Ubuntu feels much like Windows.
- The Linux operating system comes with great open-source software, and the icons for them are right there on your desktop where you’d expect to find them.
- It’s amazing to see how quickly you can breathe new life into an old beige-box geezer and save it from the landfill, rather than junk it because it doesn’t have the power to keep up with the latest commercial operating system.
- I highly recommend Ubuntu as the best place to start. It will cost you nothing to try out, and you might just be surprised at how good “free” really is.